*Indexes are subject to cap based on index selected.
Indexed Universal Life products are not an investment in the "market" or in the applicable Index and are subject to all policy fees and charges normally associated with most universal life insurance.
THE S&P 500® COMPOSITE STOCK PRICE INDEX;
THE S&P 400® COMPOSITE STOCK PRICE INDEX;
These Indices do not include dividends paid by the underlying companies.
The S&P MidCap 400® and the S&P 500® Indices are products of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC ("SPDJI"), and has been licensed for use by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance (the Company). Standard & Poor's®, S&P®, S&P MidCap 400® and S&P 500® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC ("S&P"); Dow Jones® is a registered trademarkof Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC ("Dow Jones"); and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by the Company. The Company's Product(s) are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, Dow Jones, S&P, their respective affiliates, and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product(s) nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P MidCap 400® and S&P 500® Indices.
1. The tax-deferred feature of the indexed universal life policy is not necessary for a tax-qualified plan. In such instances, your client should consider whether other features, such as the death benefit and optional riders make the policy appropriate for your client's needs. Before purchasing this policy, your client should obtain competent tax advice both as to the tax treatment of the policy and the suitability of the product.
2. Neither North American nor its agents give tax or legal advice. Please advise your clients to consult with and rely on a qualified legal or tax advisor before entering into or paying additional premiums with respect to such arrangements.
3. In some situations loans and withdrawals may be subject to federal taxes. North American does not give tax or legal advice. Clients should be instructed to consult with and rely on their own tax advisor or attorney for advice on their specific situation. Income and growth on accumulated cash values is generally taxable only upon withdrawal. Adverse tax consequences may result if withdrawals exceed premiums paid into the policy. Withdrawals or surrenders made during a Surrender Charge period will be subject to surrender charges and may reduce the ultimate death benefit and cash value. Surrender charges vary by product, issue age, sex, underwriting class, and policy year
4. If Policy has a Premium Guarantee Rider attached to it, such rider will be terminated upon the election of the Protected Death Benefit.
5. Source: "The High Cost of Cancer Care: Your Money or Your Life?" Newsweek, July 23, 2015.
6. Source: NerdWallet's 2015 American Household Credit Card Debt Study: November 2015. https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-card-data__trashed/average-credit-card-debt-household/
7. Source: Genworth 2016 Cost of Care Survey, March 2016. Median cost is quoted.
8. Subject to eligibility requirements. Please refer to the endorsement for details. There is no additional Monthly Deduction or premium charge for the Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement. However, the actual payment received in connection with any acceleration will be discounted and is lower than the Death Benefit amount accelerated. In addition, there is an administrative fee required at the time an election is made.
CALIFORNIA NOTE: Agents offering, marketing, or selling accelerated death benefits for chronic illness in California must be able to describe the differences between benefits provided under an accelerated death benefit for chronic illness and benefits provided under long-term care insurance to clients. You must provide clients with the ADBE Consumer Brochure for California NAM-3013 that includes this comparison. Comparison is for solicitation purpose only, not for conversions.
Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement for Critical, Chronic, and Terminal Illness (form series LR477) and Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement - Chronic Illness (form LR492, California only) are issued by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, Administrative Office, Sioux Falls, SD 57193. Products, features, issue ages, endorsements or riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Limitations or restrictions apply.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT TO BE USED FOR CONSUMER SOLICITATION PURPOSES.