Custom Guarantee®Universal Life Insurance
Experience the next generation of universal life insurance.
Custom Guarantee Universal Life is one of North American's most popular universal life insurance products. It offers death benefit protection1 plus these valuable features:
- Competitive lifetime guarantee premiums
- Extra competitive "dial-a-guarantee" premiums for guarantees to age 100 or less
- Strong in level pay, single pay and 10-pay scenarios
Accelerated death benefits for critical, chronic, and terminal illnesses help clients prepare for the unexpected2
- Guaranteed death benefit for the duration the client specifies, even up to age 1201
- Premium Recovery Endorsement provides the opportunity to recover part or all of the total premiums paid within a 60-day window after the 15th, 20th and 25th policy anniversary3 upon full surrender of the policy
- Guaranteed Exchange Privilege allows a client to exchange to a cash-value accumulation UL product without evidence of insurability4
- Accelerated Death Benefits allow eligible clients to access a portion of the death benefit in the event of a qualifying critical, chronic, or terminal illness
- Low face amounts starting at $25,000
- Permanent Protection—Maximum guaranteed death benefit protection with an extended no lapse guarantee5
- Preserve—Prepare for estate taxes, probate costs, and pay off debts that can eat away at wealth
- Maximize—Grow the available inheritance for each heir throughout your client's lifetime
- Issue Ages: 15 days to 85 years (age nearest)
Minimum Face Amount: $25,000
- Guaranteed: 2.5%
- Premium limit of $500,000 in all years
- Premiums and charges through age 120
- Regular policy loans are available in the first five policy years. Please refer to the illustration software for the current loan interest rate. The policy loan interest rate is guaranteed not to exceed 6%.
- Net zero cost loans in years 21 and thereafter6
- Underwriting Classes:
- Super-Preferred NT, Preferred NT, Standard NT, Preferred Tobacco, Standard Tobacco
Leaving a legacy
Agents offering, marketing, or selling accelerated death benefits in California must be able to describe the differences between benefits provided under an accelerated death benefit for chronic illness and benefits provided under long-term care insurance to clients. You must provide clients with the ADBE Consumer Brochure for California that includes this comparison.
1. Subject to premium payment requirements.
2. Subject to eligibility requirements.
3. This benefit will remain in effect to the 25 year policy anniversary as long as all gross premiums paid guarantee the policy to at least attained age 95, assuming no policy loans are taken. The premium recovery value is the total premiums paid less any policy debt or withdrawals, including withdrawal charges and processing fee. The total premiums paid will be reduced by the same portion as the death benefit for any acceleration of the death benefit. The premium recovery value will never be less than the net cash surrender value. Refer to the endorsement for complete details.
4. Allows policy owner the right to exchange policy, without evidence of insurability and surrender charges, to one of our cash value accumulation universal life policies available at the time of exchange. The Cash Surrender Value on the new policy may not be greater than the Cash Surrender Value on the policy being exchanged. Not available for policy ages 76 and above or if there is an outstanding policy loan.
5. After the no lapse guarantee period, coverage can be guaranteed to any age up to age 120 through the Extended No Lapse Guarantee. Restrictions may apply.
6. In some situations loans and withdrawals may be subject to federal taxes. North American does not give tax or legal advice. Clients should be instructed to consult with and rely on their own tax advisor or attorney for advice on their specific situation. Net zero cost loans are loans charged and credited at the same interest rate percentage for a net zero cost. The policy year and amount available vary by product. Please refer to the specific product marketing guide or contact the marketing department for details.
Please refer to the current Custom Guarantee Marketing Guide for complete details.
Custom Guarantee UL (policy form series LS185), Premium Recovery Endorsement (form series LR511), Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement for Critical, Chronic and Terminal (form series LR508), Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement for Chronic and Terminal Illness (form series LR507), and Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement for Terminal Illness (form series LR506) Accelerated Death Benefit - Critical Illness (form LR498, CA only), Accelerated Death Benefit - Chronic Illness (form LR492, CA only), Accelerated Death Benefit - Terminal Illness (form series LR488, CA only) are issued by North American, Administrative Office, One Sammons Plaza, Sioux Falls, SD 57193. Products, features, riders, endorsements, or issue ages may not be available in all jurisdictions. Limitations or restrictions may apply.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT TO BE USED FOR CONSUMER SOLICITATION PURPOSES.