Builder Plus IUL
Indexed Universal Life Insurance
Builder Plus IUL indexed universal life insurance (IUL) is designed for stronger performance and marketability with the features of our other IUL products.
- Solid death benefit protection
- Strong, long-term cash value accumulation potential through Account Interest Multiplier1
- Interest bonuses on both the fixed and indexed accounts2
- Choice of loans3
- Return of Premium death benefit option4
- Accelerated death benefits for critical, chronic, and terminal illness5
- Premium Deposit Agreement available:
- Retirement planning
- College funding
- 1035 exchanges
- Buy-sell agreements
- Executive bonus
- Take the IUL Certification Exam
Riders and Endorsements
- Accidental Death Benefit Rider
- Accelerated Death Benefits for Critical, Chronic, and Terminal Illness
- Children’s Term Insurance Rider
- Waiver of Monthly Deductions Rider
- Guaranteed Insurability Rider
- Issue ages: 15 days to 75 years (age last)
- Standard loans available starting in policy year 1
- Variable interest rate loans are available in policy year 1
- Guaranteed net zero cost loans available in policy year 6+
- Interest Bonus:
- Guaranteed interest bonus of 1.00% effective in years 11+ on the index account; conditionally guaranteed on the fixed account2
Please refer to the current marketing guide, Builder IUL Series for complete product details.
Indexed Universal Life products are not an investment in the "market" or in the applicable index and are subject to all policy fees and charges normally associated with most universal life insurance.
1. Account Interest Multiplier is applied after interest credit or index credit is determined and before any interest bonus. It is not applied to the interest bonus or any portion of the account value that is policy debt or the minimum account value.
2. Builder Plus IUL offers a conditionally guaranteed interest bonus on the fixed account. If we are crediting interest in excess of the guaranteed interest rate and your client’s policy is in effect after the 10th policy anniversary, your client’s policy will receive an Interest Bonus. The Interest Bonus is 1.0% above the then current interest rate. The Account Multiplier is not applied to the Interest Bonus.
3. In some situations loans and withdrawals may be subject to federal taxes. Neither North American Company nor its agents give tax or legal advice. Customers should be instructed to consult with and rely on their own tax advisor or attorney for advice on their specific situation. Income and growth on accumulated cash values is generally taxable only upon withdrawal. Adverse tax consequences may result if withdrawals exceed premiums paid into the policy. Withdrawals or surrenders made during a Surrender Charge period will be subject to surrender charges and may reduce the ultimate death benefit and cash value. Surrender charges vary by product, issue age, sex, underwriting class, and policy year.
4. Subject to eligibility requirements.
5. Subject to eligibility requirements. The death benefit will be reduced by the amount of the death benefit accelerated. Since benefits are paid prior to death, a discount will be applied to the death benefit accelerated. As a result, the actual amount received will be less than the amount of the death benefit accelerated. There is an administrative fee at time of election for Chronic and Terminal Illness. There is no administrative fee for Critical Illness benefit.
Builder Plus IUL is issued on policy form series LS183, Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement for Critical, Chronic and Terminal Illness is issued on form series LR503; Accidental Death Benefit Rider is issued on form series LR493; Children's Term Insurance Rider is issued on form series LR456; Waiver of Monthly Deductions Rider is issued on form series LR416B; Guaranteed Insurability Rider is issued on form series LR495; and Premium Deposit Agreement is issued on form series LR509; or state variations by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance, Administrative Office, One Sammons Plaza, Sioux Falls, SD 57193. Products, features, riders, endorsement or issue ages may not be available in all jurisdictions. Restrictions or limitations may apply.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT TO BE USED FOR CONSUMER SOLICITATION PURPOSES.